Saturday, April 16, 2011

mid life crisis?

I dont know if i have hit mid life yet, guess i wont know that one till im on empty. But if so  the mid life crisis has hit me and i didnt even feel it coming.  As of resent i have traded up for a 2007 harley sportster, damn thing only had 1490 miles on it. its like brand new, i had to save it from the clutches of some undeserving kid how would miss treat it. I have gone out and bought a new wardrobe probably because the old one was old. I have regularly been checking my bank statements and watching my retirement with an eagles eye. But the one thing that i did was make a deal with the Devil (Dentist)that i have been wanting to do for many many yrs.  I wanted new teeth, and due to the extremly high cost of dental work my options were limited.   I choose to go with dentures, so last week i went in and had 11 teeth pulled out at the same time. we had all ready done all the preliminary stuff. so right after the extractions, the dentist shoved my dentures in my mouth and said leave these in for 24 hrs , come back in the morning and i'll see how everything is looking.   After a very long night of poping hydrocodones i went in and he took out the dentures to see in there for any complications.   What great relief to get them out, wanted to leave them out and was totaly second guessing my plan to do this in the first place.  but here it is a week and 2 days later and all is good , things are healing fine and im starting to get used to talking with a mouth full of marbles. the dentures i have now are temps and in 8 months or so i get my perms  which will snap in place(no glue)like a snap on your jacket, should be interesting.   This has geen a source of embaressment for almost my whole life, there was a reason i never smiled and i was very aware of it. so now when i look in the mirror and smile it doesnt look like me and i think to my self (dude you need to take smiling lessons).  so the next time you see me ,if i dont smile you my need to remind me that is ok. just a new habit im going to have to learn. now i have to learn how to eat with them. wish me luck

4 comments:

  1. and I will call you 'choppers'. can you whistle with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be sure to remind you to smile. Sounds like you made the right decision. Determination has a lot to do with how you adapt to the new teeth. Rob fought it tooth and nail the first time. This last time, he had set his mind to working with the dentist and things worked out much better. Looking forward to seeing the new you. Rich and Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your smile and your new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Nice smile! Honest, Jim, in all my life I NEVER, I mean NEVER realized you thought you had a smile problem. I can hardly wait to see your shit eating grin. If you don't come out this way, sent me a picture. Open, wide please. R

    ReplyDelete