Friday, October 15, 2010

so far so good

i got my claim reviewed for my computer purchase, and they paid me the full amount. i was very shocked. especially after the hoops i jumped in and out of to get this all taken care of. truck runs great, and total out of pocket for a new trany and a new ECU  , deductible and sales tax, $168.50 . not to bad concidering i was without my truck for about 6 weeks  ,  I walked alot. Went to another funeral yesterday, my good friend joe and wife jerry, lost grandma wilma at 81 yrs (health issues) Wilma and mother had meet many yrs ago and hit it off well, both the same in age, both coming from a homested upbringing, and both gave birth to 7 children. They had loads to talk about. The services were nice, lots of tears,  saw old friends and shared  goob memories of Wilma.    She will be greatly missed. wished you could have known her.  Seems like lately I have gone to a great many funeral services. Funerals must be very important to us as humans, always waiting for the next one, paying our respects, traveling many hundreds of miles to attend, comforting the ones left behind. Funerals are so important that the last trip we will ever take will be to a funeral.

3 comments:

  1. I remember the big family funerals as a kid, it was quite literally a family reunion. I think it was Grandfather Riley Horn's funeral when we gathered at Grandma Horn's house in town. I remember Carla was little sitting in a highchair patiently waiting for her dish of ice cream. Finally she said politely, "I guess I don't get any." I think someone laughed and gave her a dish of ice cream. She probably does not remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I don't recall that, that's what happens when the pushers try to get you hooked the first one is free...damned ice cream.

    This is an odd statement, but some of my fondest memories are surrounding the death of someone I've loved. For instance, I've felt the closest to my siblings at the passing of both our parents. In spite of the timing of mom's death I truly enjoyed spending the 'holidays' and your birthday with you last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree some of the best times I've had were at funerals. Probably the company we keep. I love you Jimbo

    ReplyDelete